Jan 21, 2013

A Guest Post From a Non-Blogger. Meet LITTLE.

So, this weekend, my Little asked me if she could take over the blog for a bit and do a guest post. Of course I said yes- she's the smartest kid I know. Secretly, I'm hoping that I can get her hooked and she will want to start a blog of her own. THAT would be something worth reading! So, Little took over the blog for the weekend and this was the result-

From Little's senior shoot from Meg White Photography

Hi guys!
It’s Lil here! I wanna start off by saying I’m super excited to write a guest post for Big’s blog! I hope you all enjoy reading her blogs as much as I do!

I have a few topics I would like to write about! One being jealousy and the other being assuming the worst in people!

Being a high school girl, jealousy is everywhere I turn. And sad thing is, jealousy makes people want the worst for others! For example with prom coming up, a lot of girls post “Just found the perfect prom dress! <3” (including me) but for those other jealous girls reading it they think “what color?” “I wanna see it!” “picture!”

Why?
They want to make sure that it’s not the same color or better than theirs. instead of being happy with what they got and hoping the best for this other girl.  It happens in every situation not just prom.  People do not want anything better than what they have! And truth is, there will always be something better! So my advice, be happy for others and don’t tear them down. Would you want people doing that to YOU?
From Little's Senior Shoot with Meg White Photography



 Also, something even I deal with in the hallways, are people that assume the worst in you.  There’s those people that think oh she can’t really be THAT good, she HAS to be leading him on, she’s so quiet she MUST be stuck up, etc.  Reality is it’s hard to be friends with certain people.  Because people know how THEY are, and assume that’s how YOU are too.  However, that’s not always the case.  And sometimes there are those friendships that you’d be better off without, just don’t stop caring.  Some people think oh, you’re not my friend, why should I care?  You should ALWAYS care. 

However, off the subject, when you assume people are that way just because of what they wear, how they act, who they are friends with, etc. that’s judging a book by their cover. I don’t know about you, but my mom’s always told me that was not a good thing to do.  And I’ve learned not to.  There are people I’ve met that really have had some hard times, or needed a friend, that I would’ve never guessed did by the looks of it.  But I got to know them! And they were some pretty awesome people.

So I’ll leave you with this.  TRY IT! Try to just stop with the jealousy and assuming, and meet new people! Because you could run into that person that will change your outlook and put a whole new meaning to life!

KEEP SMILING! 

-Lil

See? I told you she is wise beyond her years! Let's show her lots of love and hopefully sway her to start blogging on her own! OH! You can also help her out by going to this page on Facebook and commenting "vote" on her picture. She is in a photo contest! The photo should look like this- 
Go and vote! Please and thank you!
 


No comments: