Nov 19, 2012

Day 1/30: 20 (very!) Random Facts


Extra little fact for you: I'm not a morning person. Bet you never would have guessed, huh?
As a welcome into the word of blogging and an introduction to who I am and what I stand for, I have decided Cherishing Hope’s 30 Things would be the perfect start to this blog. In case you aren’t familiar with the concept- it’s 30 days, 30 writing tasks about myself. What better way to get myself used to posting regularly while introducing you to myself and my style of writing! I am so excited about all that is to come on A Little Serendipity and I hope that you are too. Hold on tight, folks! It’s going to be one heck of a ride!
So here we go! Day 1 of the 30 Things Challenge- 20 Random Facts About ME!
1.       My sister and I get mistaken for twins. A lot. She’s waaay more adorable though.
2.       I work full time and go to college full time- throw in my feeble attempt at having a social life and top it off with this recent adventure in blogging and that makes me one heck of a busy gal!
3.       I am addicted to hot tea with milk and honey, sushi, acoustic music, hip hop, peppermint flavored anything, BBQ, and buffalo wings.
4.       I live in the Midwest.
5.       I have a small Harry Potter obsession that I’ve had for as long as I can remember.
6.       My dog, Yoda, is a menace to society! Seriously! Everyone tells me! I love him anyways.
7.       Rainy days are my all-time favorite sort of days. When I was little I was convinced God made it rain just for me as my own personal reminder that he was watching me and understood what I was going through.
8.       I’m a business major minoring in communications. Ideally though I would really love to become an event coordinator (i.e. WEDDINGS!)
9.       I believe in the power of positive thought.
10.   I get stuck in my comfort zone too easily and have to push myself to do things that scare me or challenge me. I love the rush you get when you face a fear.
11.   When I was younger, I performed in a lot of community musical theatre. As I got older, I quit performing as much but my love for musicals never faded. I have an embarrassingly large knowledge of show tunes.
12.   I sometimes get embarrassed when people look at my TIVO! Sure I watch a lot of Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother but I also watch uber girly stuff like Hallmark Channel Movies (seriously, though- a girl just needs a sappy movie, a bag of Reese’s cups straight out of the refrigerator, and a glass of wine from time to time!)
13.   I am a bit of a bookworm.
14.   If you come to my house for dinner (and I cook) you will probably be eating one of 2 things- pasta or pizza. I love my Italian.
15.   My family is very close. We believe in Family Board Game nights.
16.   Sometimes I feel pressured to do grown up things like have kids or get married. My Facebook newsfeed is just plum filled with baby pictures and engagement announcements. How is it possible that my friends all have the cutest babies in the world? And I don’t even like babies! (They freak me out, another post for another day!) I think this is also fueled by my addiction to reading blogs and most seem to be about happy marriages and cute babies and wedding planning… but here is the honest to God truth, pressure or no pressure, I am just not ready. Someday, sure. But for now I’m just enjoying the slow ride.
17.   I’m not good at filtering my thoughts when I write. So expect a little brutal honesty. For the most part though I just want to fill this blog with stories of my life and college and work and all those little life lessons that tend to sneak up and bite me in the ass (Erm, I mean… enlighten me with joy and wisdom).
18.   When I was sixteen, I had an argument with my mother. I was absolutely hysterical about something (I to do this day cannot remember what started it!) and remember yelling at her- “YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME! YOU WOULDN’T EVEN LIKE WHO I REALLY AM! I ALWAYS HAVE TO PRETEND I’M SOMEONE I’M NOT FOR YOU!” My mother said “Okay, so who are you really?”  My reply?  “Mom. I’m a ROCK STAR.”  I feel like she deserves a BEST MOM EVER award just for the fact that she didn’t die laughing right then and there.
19.   In my previous job, I was a waitress. So for all your servers out there- I get it.
20.   I consider myself to be a “work in progress”. I grow and learn and make mistakes and change each and every day.
 

2 comments:

Not Applicable said...

Loved your 20 random! #18 is the best, I was actually laughing out loud when reading it!

Anonymous said...

I love this lady. She is beautiful, intelligent and incredibly creative. She is my MAC!!