Nov 28, 2012

Day 8/30: 5 Passions.


Day 8/30 on Cherishing Hope's 30 Things is "List 5 passions you have" and I'm sticking to that topic today! It's always fun to talk about things you are interested in or feel strongly about, right?

I'm going to get a little deep here (or sappy, whichever!) and say my first passion is life. Seriously though, if you aren't passionate about the life you are living then maybe it's time to rethink some things! I'm a big believer in following your heart even if it doesn't fully make sense. I want to live fully in every moment and enjoy as many things as possible. You are far more likely to regret things you didn't do then you are to regret the things you tried (Somebody smart said something along those lines, right?). I don't like feeling like I've missed out on experiences and therefore I want to experience nearly everything possible. Nearly. I'll skip out on most of the felonies.

Another thing I am passionate about is planning. I've always been this way. In high school I wanted to always be planning things. I remember one time some friends and I had a sleepover (we literally had invited 4 people) but we had to plan it to a T. We had an invite list, a grocery list, a list of movies to watch. We knew who was bring what and what we were doing when. It's just something I've always loved to do. I love lists and ideas. I enjoy the creative aspect. I love taking that vision I have in my head and bringing it to life.

Obviously, I am pretty passionate about writing, as well. Funny though, I cannot for the life of me proofread my own writing. I will read something 500 times, it will seem perfect, I'll post it, read it 100 more times and then on that very last read through- WHAM! Everything is wrong. Great. However, what I really think I like about writing is that it involves a lot of planning! I waste countless hours thinking about what I want to write or eventual post topics. Sometimes I even make a list! (I love lists! Can list making be an official hobby?).

I feel pretty strongly about food as well. In fact, I am feeling super grumpy today for no reason at all. I'm just tired and feeling kind of exposed and just sort of blah. So, because I really dont like to feel so yucky, I asked myself- "Hey, self. What would make you feel better?" and do you know what I answered- "Nakatos" (that's a Japanese steakhouse for those of you who aren't familiar with it). Well. Alright, then. Now, I can't help but thinking you know you are officially mentally obese when you think delicious food will make all your problems go away.

I'm also pretty passionate about having time to myself and spending time with my family. Sometimes you just need some down time to recoop and recover. Today is definitely one of those days when I could use some down time. Darn school and the fact that next week is the last week of the semester. I won't lie- it completely snuck up on me. So, maybe, now that I've wrapped up this post I should start working on that marketing project (I'm selling imaginary aerosol spray that controls the mood of a room). Life would be so much easier if one of my passions were school.

Unfortunately, it just isn't.



No comments: