Dec 3, 2012

Day 11/30: Pet Peeves

Hello, gorgeous friends!
Sorry I've been absent from the WWOB (Wonderful World of Blogging) this weekend! I'm actually thinking about making it a "thing" that I don't blog on weekends. Sometimes a girl just needs two days of down time to recoop and since Boyfriend and I live very different lives Monday-Friday, weekends are really the only time we have that's just "us".  Throw in finals being right around the corner and a massive project right around the corner for my Marketing class and Boyfriend and I's romantic weekend looked quite a bit like this-
Okay, don't worry- we had fun too! Watched movies, got ice cream, played the PS3- you know!  But boy I will be so thankful when semester is over!

Day 11/30 is 10 Pet Peeves :) So after much delay, here we go-

1. Mondays. I've always hated them but since they've started to mean Boyfriend and I are back to seperate zip codes, I officially really have some select words I would like you to use about Mondays. Maybe we'll have to incoorporate some fun theme on this Blog for Mondays so they seem more fun! I'll start thinking about that!

2. Cold weather. I live in the midwest. It's December. And yesterday I wore shorts and tshirt all day long. That is ridiculous, you guys! I'm not complaining though! Snow and I are complete friend-emies. I love it, until I leave the nice warm safety of my own home!

3. Rude people. The other day I spent 15 minutes in line at a Kum N Go listening to the man at the front of the line scream at the cashier because she couldn't cash his lottery ticket (I still don't entirely know why). Here's the thing- you will catch more flies with honey then vinegar. Being rude is so counter productive! If he had been nicer to the girl, I'm sure she would have been more motivated to help and even if she couldn't she would have had a much more sincere apology. Sometimes I think we tend to get stuck in our own little world when we are having bad days and aren't fully aware that we are passing off that negative energy like a nasty little version of Hot Potato.

4. People who can't drive. I struggle with this one because I drive all the time for work. I hate when people pull out in front of me and then drive 5 under the speed limit. Especially if I have an appointment to get to and I'm running late. Here is the thing, though- A few months ago I rear ended a woman because I was on my phone and driving (and not paying attention) everyone was fine. My truck got dinged up, her car had a small scratch. Still, it really inconvenienced this woman, obviously, to have to stop and wait for police, etc. But she was literally one of the most kind people I have ever met. Not only did she joke about how rattled I was and tried to get me to feel better (I was so mad at myself! I knew better!) She also swore she saw me driving behind her and that I wasn't doing anything stupid. She talked the cops out of giving me a ticket and then wished me a good evening and walked away with a smile on her face. Now, I can't help but think if that lady could be so absolutely sweet when I hit her and really didn't deserve her kindness, then I can be much more patient with other drivers on the road. But, sometimes, I will tell you- it's just so HARD!

5. When people try to hook me up. Okay, I'm in a very happy relationship and I really am so grateful to Boyfriend in my life. But I've said before that before him I didn't want a relationship and I MEANT IT! I can't tell you how many people came up to me (most more than once) and would say "You know, I nice this boy you should meet!" or "Let me hook you up with this nice Christian boy" or something along those lines. It got to the point where I felt like everyone had someone they were hoping to hook me up with. And that is such a flattering thing, it really is, for them to think I am worthy of someone that they must think so highly of. I know they all came out of a place of love and were wanting to help. But here is the thing- you dont NEED a relationship to be happy. You don't. You don't need a boyfriend in order to live a fulfilled life. I was happy with where I was and confident that there was someone out there and it didn't matter to me if I had to wait. We put way too much emphasis on relationship status these days!

6. When I say "Is there ketchup in the bag" (or Salsa) and they say "Yes!" and then somehow the ketchup magically disappears between the time they put it in the bag and the time I open the bag! Fast food workers = magicians! I'm convinced!

7. The fuzziness that seems to permanently plague my brain. I can't focus. Ever. It's official. I sit down to do one thing and my brain goes straight to 725 other things. At any given moment my brain sounds likes this- "heydidyoudothatonething?theskyisblue.Ihavehomework.Iwanttoblog.Ohhai,Facebook!Whatsfordinner?" which I think it's perfectly normal- except in my mind it happens ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

8. Headaches. I have a vicious one right now.

9. Teachers who don't leave feedback on papers. I like feedback. I want to know what people like, don't like, what works, and what doesn't work. If you ask me to read a paper- I'll give you feedback or suggestions without you asking- because that's what I like. I wish more teachers offered feedback.

10. Being late. For anything. I'm about to be late for class right this second, actually.

So. I better skidaddle. I promise you a better, much more thoughtful post tomorrow!

Love you!

No comments: