Dec 4, 2012

Day 12/30: Typical Day

A typical day in my life can be kind of hectic, which is part of the reason I love working in an office so much- on slow days, you have time to catch up on all the other aspects of life that have got shoven into the backseat! Full time student, full time office coordinator, blogger, etc.- this is my crazy, hectic life and I love every second of it!

Typical site in my office- Me. On Instagram. When I'm supposed to be working. I dont get paid to take pictures?! Whatchoo saying?!


A typical day in my life would go something like this-

6:30 Am- The Alarm goes off. Reset it for 7.
7 AM- The alarm goes off. Don't reset it. Tell myself "just 5 more minutes"
7:30 AM- "OH CRAP!!!!!"
7:35 AM- Mad dash to straight my crazy hair, put on my makeup (which sometimes only gets half done- whatchu mean I need more than just eyeliner and mascara?!), throw on some shoes, feed and walk the dog....
7:55 AM- Run out the door.
8:00 AM- I'm supposed to be at work but traffic isn't cooperating.
8:05 AM- Run into the office all crazy and frantic and yell "GOOD MORNING!" To which there is normally a much less crazy "good morning" in response.
8:05 to noon- Blog. Erm. I mean. Work. Try to get that giant to-do list taken of care. Which would be easier if my inner blogger brain to-do list would just hush and stop yelling "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS BORING STUFF?! You need to be reading and commenting on blogs! You need to network with newer bloggers! You need to think about which blogs you want to sponsor! Do you want to do giveaways? What are you writing about today? Did you reply to everyones comments?!" Yeah, it's frustrating to live in my head sometimes! Good news is my more logical side usually fights back with something along the lines of "Hey, mister Blog! Do you pay my bills? No you sure don't! So, until you do, you are going to have to take a back seat to work stuff! Homegirl needs to pay rent!"
Around Noon or 1- I get an hour off for lunch which usually turns into coffee with the bestie/playing with the dog/napping on my couch/running all the way out to pay rent (note to self: next time, pick a landlord who has an office IN TOWN!)
1-5: Usually I show rental properties in the afternoon and try to do homework in between that. I have no computer or internet at home (call me crazy! I know!) and I take online classes so I'm constantly trying to squeeze homework into work time. Good thing my boss is awesome and doesn't mind one bit! Work some more. Show some more.
5:05- Get the heck outta dodge.
5:10- Finally get home. Play with Yoda/Talk to Boyfriend/Eat Dinner/Nap some more
6:40- Leave for school
7-10:30ish- Go to class. Learn all about Marketing and Selling and Business strategies. I know, I can hardly handle all the excitement myself! Phew!
11- Finally get home. Usually crash almost instantaneously.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up. Phew! I'm tired just typing all that!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you have a hectic day. I know being a student can be hard, but being a student AND having a full time job? You go girl!

Destiny said...

Girl, it definitely can get hectic! But time flies when your having fun! It helps to have a really relaxed job that lets me do homework!